commitment phobic

I’ve made a decision and I’m going to stick to it. Over the last few months plans for my story have changed many times as I’ve researched how and where I could deliver a finished book.
All through the writing process I’ve toyed with the idea of producing my story as a graphic novel. I’ve noticed only today that I head each section of the story with Scene numbers rather than Chapter numbers, a hangover perhaps from my scriptwriting days, or another pointer to the visual way in which I work. I’ve blogged about this previously.

My interest in producing it as a graphic novel spiked recently when a friend offered an introduction to an amazing artist friend of his whose work would be a perfect fit with the story and characters. But a graphic novel would require a complete re-write because of the way dialogue and story are presented so I’ve decided against that route for the time being but don’t discount it as an option in the future.

Then there is the option of Crowd Funding. I seriously thought about this for a long time as I could see no other way of funding production of the book. But I’ve decided against this too at the moment, for the first book anyway. I can see the obvious benefits, if my project were successful, but it would become just that, another large project to manage.

No. I’m going to produce the story as a trilogy of eBooks and upload them to Smashwords and then see where things go from there. I feel much happier and more certain about things now that I’m committed to this plan.

And speaking of committing; in an upcoming post I’m going to reveal the title I’ve decided on for the first book. I’ve blogged about a problem I had in this department before too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life in lockdown

reading challenges

free ebook download