ouch

Kate Bush is all over the media at the moment, and for good reason, she's Kate Bush goddamit, and she's also doing her first live shows in 35 years. I'm sorry not to have tickets but I did see her 3 times on her first time around.

Now, in amongst all the media coverage I picked up that Kate had said she's no longer keen on a song she wrote, way back, called Oh England My Lionheart. This is crushing news. It's one of my favourite tracks. It often winds itself, like ivy, around my brain and stays for days. It's a hymn to England, referencing Shakespeare, the Thames, the Tower of London, London Bridge and Peter Pan, amongst other things, all in a haunting melody.

What do you do when one of your idols no longer likes a piece of their own work that you very much admire? What a dilemma.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life in lockdown

reading challenges

free ebook download