rook

I may not have had a great visit to Stonehenge, see below, but I did get this photo of a Rook. It's out of focus of course, you wouldn't expect anything else from me, but I'm pleased with this. This is the closest I've got to a bird yet. The rooks are everywhere at Stonehenge, in all the fields and skies around, but oddly none settled on the monument itself, that I saw. Perhaps there's an ancient bylaw prohibiting it. I wonder if there is a myth surrounding the rooks at the henge, like there is for the ravens at the Tower of London? Anyway, I was pleased to get a snap of a rook in particular because I've named a character Rook in Book 3  of John Mann's story. He's a ruffian. I bet a rook could take care of itself in a bust up.





Photo is the author's own

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life in lockdown

reading challenges

free ebook download