endings and beginnings

As mentioned in my last post, I have to leave the flat I’ve lived in for the past seven years, so the past few weeks have been tinged with sadness and, at times, alarm (have you seen the cost of hiring a removal company?). But, of course, there have been moments of excitement too at the thought of all the new experiences I’ll have in the new place. I have found somewhere else to go and, you know what they say, different windows, different horizons?

I have also finished writing and editing John Mann – At Day’s End. Can I get a little fanfare? It’s good to go, just waiting on the cover. This book has been, literally, years in the making (three if memory serves) so it feels especially good to finally be done with it. And it seems apt that it should be finished while I’m still in this flat, where it was born, and where all the hard work on it happened. And now I’ve finished it? I can start looking around for something new to work on, after all, there are a whole lot of different windows out there to gaze through, and many different horizons to see.



This photo of daffodils isn’t meant to look glum. I post it in a spirit of optimism, yes they have come to an end but they are still lovely, just in a new and different way. And they stayed this way for months, right from early summer into September. It seemed wrong somehow to throw them away.

Photo is the author’s own

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life in lockdown

reading challenges

free ebook download