short and sweet

It's Short Story September- at least it is in my house. I'm getting into the idea of themed reading weeks/months. I'm already geared up for VicTober (Victorian October) next month - I came across the idea on Youtube, where several Booktubers are already talking about it. But more about VicTober in October.

This month I'll be diving into these collections. I also have further collections on my Kindle, Murakami's Men Without Women, and Bolu Babalola's Love in Colour particularly peak my interest.

I always love the idea of a short story, but don't very often find myself reading one. And since I'm increasingly drawn to writing some more short fiction, I figure I ought to read a whole variety from different genres and time periods, genders, ethnicities and sexualities. These below, skew white and male, though the ebooks balance things out a little, and I intend to visit the library to find a more diverse range of authors that I don't currently have any work by.

What's my target number? Hmmm. I'm not a fan of setting this sort of reading goal, but since you enquire, and I did kind of start shouting about this when nobody even asked me to, I'm going to try for double digits. One story a day might be pushing it, I don't want to over-commit, but I'd like to aim for 20. I'll let you know how I get on.



Photo is the author's own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life in lockdown

reading challenges

recent disappointments