be my guest

I never considered myself a fan of Barbershop Quartet singing. All the straw boaters, waist coats and harmonising, moon, spoon, and June. Then recently I discovered Ringmasters. The only non-North American winners of the World Championship, which they won in 2012. They hail from Sweden.

Here then, are four Swedes, singing in English, with French accents. The song is from Walt Disney's Beauty and the Beast. They are singing this for comedic effect, but that shouldn't disguise the fact that this is extraordinarily accomplished. They make it look easy. That is their super-power.

If you've ever tried singing harmony with a few other people, you'll appreciate just how good this is. And if you haven't ever tried singing harmony with a few other people then, trust me, to achieve this wall of sound (without the benefit of music to support your voices, supply the pitch or the tempo at which to sing) is truly astounding.
I return to this (and their other performances) regularly and it always leaves me with a stupid grin on my face, and a tear in my eye. I've been struggling with health issues (mental and physical) since Christmas, and watching them perform brings me joy. They are clearly having a great time and that vibe transmits. Be my guest, check them out at Youtube on the link below.

Ringmasters performing Be Our Guest



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life in lockdown

reading challenges

free ebook download